Tuesday, August 14, 2007

pySerial and Roomba

Roomba
So when I'm not looking for the ghost in the machine, I seem to be spending a fair amount of my time pining for a Roomba.

It isn't even because I have a low-mess problem that obviously needs robotification (I mean, who doesn't have one of those), but because the damned thing comes with an open interface.

With a little bit of expense, I could remote control my Roomba with nothing more than a laptop, really long serial cable, and a whole bunch of Python.

From there, it's only a hop, skip and a jump to a day of internet fame with a wiimote roomba, and then it's on to rule the world program away my household hygiene issues.

The biggest obstacles I seem to have is only the worst website in the world and simply not having much of a decent idea for exactly what I would use my roomba for...

So lets hear it: 3 best applications for a robot slave you can come up with.

No comments: