There's a growing buzz amongst the #nocleanfeed communities - the issue is being framed as a censorship and freedom of speech issue more and more.
This is being driven largely by the DLC.
I don't like that; it's not what motivates me; its not how I get people on side. We don't have freedom of speech here in Australia except around political issues. When has that ever stopped us from saying what we want, though? As a society, we're more than happy to say what we want. If someone says nasty things about us, we don't get our panties in a twist about it; we call them a wanker and ignore them.
What does motivate me is how dishonest the government has been through this process.
1) They call it a "clean feed"; but it won't actually work. A more descriptive name: thing that will annoy the shit out of you every 3 days on the internet.
2) It won't work like they want, but the government won't listen to their own trials, industry and the public. That makes them stupid.
3) Its a people issue. Not a technology issue. It is pretty obvious that is the case.
Think of it like gun control - guns don't kill people; people kill people. Answer: don't let stupid people have guns, or arrest stupid people who do stupid things with stupid guns.
4) Conroy is a wanker. He acts like a child and won't answer questions in Question Time. He makes a mockery of our political process
5) Conroy (his office at least) threatened Mark Newton's job. That's unaustralian, stupid, and the act of a first class fuckwit.
6) This childish fuckwit is spending our tax money on his 1984 reenactment wet dream. Why?
7) If it is a problem; how come I don't hear more about it happening to my friends, family and workmates - my child was preyed upon by an internet sicko? The truth is, it doesn't happen.
8) IF THIS IS SUCH A PROBLEM AFTER ALL; WHY NOT SPEND THE MONEY SOMEWHERE USEFUL, LIKE THE POLICE?