Monday, October 08, 2007

I Still Hate The GIMP

How do I draw a rectangle in GIMP?
Since Gimp is an image manipulation program and not a painting program it doesn't include tools to draw shapes like squares and circles. However this doesn't mean you can't paint them, in fact there are some interesting options regarding this subject when it comes to the gimp. The solution is to use the selection stroking capabilities of the Gimp.

OK, GIMP, that's fine. You claim to be an image manipulation program, not a drawing tool. Good for you.

Who the hell put you in my distribution of Ubuntu!?

I want:
  • Something I can use to quickly do mockups and screenshots
  • Something I can use to draw very simple flowcharts
So my requirements boil down to:
  • Good cropping features
  • Cut, & paste
  • Movable selections
  • Resizable selections
  • Undo
  • A box tool
  • A line tool
  • A text/label tool
  • A zoom tool
Since GIMP doesn't really have the line & box tools; I don't really want GIMP. I want paint.NET. I want pbrush. I want anything but GIMP.

I don't care how marvelous an interface you give it, it still isn't doing what I want.

In that case:



And yes, I'm still just as angry as last time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ABSOLUTELY agree 100%