Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Nina Starr / Loxton Murder Update

Updates: Everything, including James Hall is sentenced.

When I reached home I discovered something very surprising: if the web was powered by gossip, I'd have nothing impressive to tell people about what I learned in the day.

Donshae informs me of the arrest and charging of a 19 year old male (I know the name, I just can't remember it) who was supposedly heavily stoned when he murdered Nina Starr.
The Advertiser confirms it but withholds the name, also releasing absolutely no details about how Nina Starr actually died.

Rumor (possibly unfounded) has it that the "particularly vicious" injuries inflicted upon Nina is a polite euphamism for an axe blow or several to the face.

What's more, I mention this whole affair to my friends and discover just how small the world is: Chloe's father went to school with Nina, Donshae went to school with the accused, Jason knows Nina's relatives, and our neighbours are aghast that it's all happened in the sleepy community of Loxton.

As chance would have it, I have photographs of the area in which the body was found: unwittingly, I'd snapped away at some of the locations. I'm not sure if it would be wise to post them at this time...

6 comments:

Mrs G said...

I also went to school with Nina, in fact I used to sit next to her in my Year 6 class. I only heard today of her murder and, like the community, I am deeply shocked and saddened.

Dan said...

:(

Anonymous said...

i live in loxton and the accused was a friend of my partners he came to my house all the time i heard nina dobbed him in for shoplifting and he had been harassing her about it it seems that her face wasnt the only thing that he wiped off apparently he cut off he private parts to totally shocked that i had a sick ---- like that in my house and around my children

Dan said...

Whoa.

Anonymous said...

I also know the accused and that is
why i want to learn more about what
happened.

miss Hall said...

ooh nice a gossip sesh about the big bro well i must say i grew up with him since i was like born yeah and he was a great brother , protective , loving caring , you guys don't know him from a bar of soap ofcourse you may read about him and have seen him around but you don't know what his life is like or what he went thru so as far im concerned you all just like a juicy gossip sesh yeah bit childish really seeing as you dont know him nearly as well as i do

Sincerely his little sis xox