Wednesday, July 20, 2005

ScreenCapture Fun

We've been looking at usability testing tools and screen capture stuff a lot recently. There's a very, very nice A$15,000 tool we've looked at. It practically cooks you breakfast the morning after and says you were great, it'll call.
We looked at the price tag. Again. We looked at the directors.

Laughing ensued. For a moment, we thought we'd buy it. Like for a moment when you think someone is going to win who wants to be a millionare. Your brain kicks in moments later and tells you not to be a fool.

There's one with a lot better price to feature ratio that I'd like to highlight right now: VNC2SWF.

Rocking demos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try looking at Techsmith.com. They have usability and screen capture software. It's a much better price too.

Dan said...

I took about ... 3 minutes on the site, read 18 reviews of how good it is, but I couldn't look at screenshots or demos because they were stuck about half way down and in a sub menu.

I think that if it was a successful product used by a lot of usability engineers, those sorts of problems would be fixed, and you'd just have the MAKE DEMO GO NOW button right there.

Dan said...

Having just watched a demo, that's not too shabby.

The picture in picture though, is a bit of a strange thing to put in: are you putting up a pretty face to look at or are you demonstrating a your product? I found I was looking at the PIP more than I was the actual demo, even when I was directed by the guy in the picture to look at features.

Dan said...

Overall: I don't mind it but it's not perfect.