Medical Director 3 meet Google Health Data API.
Once he's updated my record, he should be able to push a button and write new changes.
How long would it take a programmer like myself to build this if I were being lazy?
- RESTful webservice client library
- Controller to retrieve and map google client information to models (Patient, Doctor, Drug, Treatment, etc) - 2 weeks
- User interface to copy new information from google account - 2 weeks
- User interface to upload new information to google account - 1 week
- Unit tests galore
- Controller to create new information in a google account, duplicates be damned - 1 week
- RELEASE IT AS OPEN SOURCE
Can I have it now please? I don't think I need $466.7 million to build it and roll it out; but I think it would achieve a hell of a lot of the same goals very quickly.
Don't like Google health because of privacy concerns? Add in another 3 months to connect up to Microsoft Health. Don't like either of those? Rely just on current systems.
Well, that was quick.