Monday, February 26, 2007

Ubuntu is fighting me.

Rrr.

It's not Ubuntu, per se, but gnome.

Here's what I want to do.

  • Add Songbird as a menu item

  • Make a new menu, called 'fucking awesome things which are handy I do not wish to place on my toolbar thing'

  • Make a shortcut key that doesn't hate me

Is it easy using the gnome menu editor? NO!
Windows: you grab the icon you want, drag it to a toolbar, and drop it. If you want to put it into your start menu, you hover over the button and the menu appears.

Instead I must do battle.

  • Applications menu

  • Pick up the songbird icon

  • OH SHIT, THE MENU HAS GONE. I JUST WANTED TO PUT IT IN "Sound & Video"

  • How do I cancel the drag drop action? ESC! ESC!!
Lazyweb, file the bugs in the right places to make this not a pain in the ass.

No comments: