Being able to do a simple:
pear install zend/Zend_Search_Lucence
will be awesome!
On 10/4/06, Gavin Vess wrote:
I have a green light from the Zend team for proposing this popular idea
to the Server Management Team:
- Friendly way to install *all* of the ZF, using well-known processes.
- Easy to update.
- Easy way to share an installation of ZF across multiple ZF apps.
- Easy way to provide access to "developer" release, although SVN is
- Community Development Server.
- Create the pear channel.
- Create/update pear "components" (ZF preview release, and a developer
- Add a wiki page explaining how to add and use the new pear channel.
All credits go to the many community members who first proposed this idea.