Tuesday, February 14, 2006

UI: Syndicated Serialized Stories

I didn't realise until just now, the Analog magazines I fed on as a child showed me the very obvious way of going about serialized stories that would come in parts, perhaps months apart.

You need a quick synopsis at the start of each day's reading, or the last few lines so you can recall it all.

I did well reading The Magician's Nephew, it was short and relatively uncomplicated; so very suited to syndication. However, Someone Comes to Town, Someone Leaves Town did my head in - it didn't have the appeal of his previous works, or even his Stross collaborations & short fiction; combined with the writing device of changing the lead character's name every time it was used....

So; I need a 'smart synopsis'. Does anyone know how MS Word automatically summarizes the most salient points of a document?

No comments: