Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Google Talk

Google Talk... talks to GAIM.

The fact that Google Talk is built on Jabber is heartening - it's an open, community owned protocol and google has just weighed in with a client for it. It's sleek, sexy, and does VOIP - no webcam whoring yet though.

Though I like the look and feel of it, I don't need Yet Another IM Client, so I'm really fucking happy I can just use GAIM and consolidate my entire online communication experience into one client.

Now I'll never have to put up with MSN's servers being down. Muhahaha.

Rather pleased at the moment with this, we'll see how it plays out with the rest of the world - will this be an alpha geek early adopter trend that doesn't penetrate into the dimmer regions of the teenage chatter psyche [due to lack of emotions to annoy the fuck out of people with]?

Time will tell, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Oh, and my new Google Desktop Search 2.0.

No comments: